Your Information and Our Use
In order to provide you with our technology, we may collect the following types of information:
- Submitted Material: When you use the Ominent website and functionality, you will provide certain materials and content. As you participate in the website, you will also provide certain information regarding such participation to us. As a reminder, whenever you share information on Ominent in your profile, in public areas, or with specific individuals, such information can be viewed by such persons.
- Public Content: If you provide content to Ominent for public view, we may distribute that content to a wider audience by sharing it (or portions of it) with third parties so that they can publish it on their websites and other media platforms. Ominent may, in some instances, ask that such third parties credit you as the source of these contributions, and will provide your account name and profile photo, if any, to them for such purpose.
- Website Visit Information: When you visit our website, we may create a log of your visit with information, which includes information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, URL information, browser type and language, and the date, time and duration of your visit.
- Links: The Ominent website may present links in a format that permits us to track whether these links have been followed. We will use this tracking information to help improve the quality of our custom content, search technology and advertising.
- Communications: If you send us emails, faxes, letters or other communications, we may keep these in order to address your issue
Survey and Polling Pages
Ominent regularly designs and hosts online registration, survey and polling pages. On each page, we collect specific demographic data about registrants, as requested by the client or event sponsors of such pages. Ominent routinely provides this demographic data at the request of the client or event sponsors. Any demographic information collected by Ominent on behalf of a client or event sponsor is the property of that entity, and Ominent employees and agents will not share this information except as required to adequately provide services to that client or event sponsor. Ominent will not sell or provide any information to a third party, including other clients that may employ the services of Ominent.
Ominent may host blogs or search field topics that gather visitor demographic data including names and email addresses. Ominent may use this information to provide updates about our website and our services. Ominent will not resell or provide this information to any third-party vendors.
In certain circumstances, Ominent may release the information it collects, for the following purposes:
- To respond to court orders, subpoenas, or other legal process, or to help Ominent in establishing or exercising its legal rights or defend itself against legal claims;
- To investigate, prevent or take action with regard to illegal activity, suspected fraud, potential threat to the physical safety of any individual, violations of the Ominent Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law;
- To investigate or take action with respect to any circumstance that could expose Ominent to liability; and
Ominent may also share non-personal information about you, in the aggregate, to third parties.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Ominent website is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children younger than thirteen years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
Attention: Legal Department
PO Box 7775, San Francisco, CA 94120-7775